All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
[2.2.4] - 2021-04-19
Better raster-tile layer support
- Improvements and bugfixes for input forms
- Ability to specify tileset parameters (tile size and scheme)
- Tilesets should now be specified using
Spatialite projects can now be reprojected from the Edit project form by specifying a new SRID. All features will be rewritten, so use this capability with caution!
Better support for planetary (non-Earth) use by providing a pathway to add custom coordinate systems.
Coordinate systems must be added to the
spatial_ref_sys table in an external SQLite browser.
Add an optional
spheroid_radius project configuration setting to adapt map scale reporting to different planetary bodies.
This configuration must be added directly to the project file, as such:
INSERT INTO mapboard_config VALUES ('spheriod_radius', 3396190);
[2.2.3] - 2021-03-21 🎉
Initial public App Store release!
See the release announcement for more information!
- Added some links
- Small optimizations
[2.2.0] - 2021-03-19
- Fixed a bunch of prerelease bugs
- Make line certainty control dash pattern
- Add experimental geological symbols
.mapboard-projectfiles are now bare SQLite databases rather than packages. This allows direct opening in GIS software and database browsers.
- Many small UI fixes
- Deduplicated some frameworks
[2.1.0] - 2020-11-27
- Added the ability to show vertices and endpoints of the line layer (to diagnose topology problems)
- Added topology polygon layer that uses the same display interfaces as
the line and polygon layers. This takes advances made for the onboard Spatialite
backend and generalizes them to work with the PostGIS backend as well.
Using this functionality requires shifting to the Version 2 series of
[2.0.1] - 2020-10-29
- Fixed showing and hiding of map layers and data types
- More functional topology control panel, now accessible directly from the polygons panel.
[2.0.0] - 2020-10-20
- New topology mode for Spatialite backend
- User interface rewritten in SwiftUI
- Moved to Mapbox GL for mapping backend
[1.0.0] - 2018
The 1.0 series of Mapboard GIS was the initial release for public use. It was the first
release to support basic field mapping functionality, such as
mbtiles basemaps and the
onboard Spatialite GIS backend.